The application period for foundation scholarships is between November 15 and February 15. The next application period will open on November 15, 2013.
All application materials must be received by 15 February 2014, or post marked by 1 February 2014 in the case of Official Transcripts, Letters of Recommendation, and the Sponsor Signature Page. Late materials will not be considered for an award. Applications will be reviewed February 15 through April 10 with recommendations for awards submitted to the Foundation’s Board of Directors. Notification letters will be sent out to all applicants prior to the EOD Memorial Weekend. Awardees will be posted on the EOD Warrior Foundation website on May 2, 2014.
Please click on one of the links below for the application and instructions:
- Application Form
- Documentation support for sponsor’s service as an EOD Technician (ie. DD-214, graduation certificate, etc.). Please email or mail with the completed application.
- 2 Letters of Recommendation. Additional instructions are included in the application. Please have the individuals writing your letters of recommendation, mail the letters directly to the address in the application.
- For those requesting Wounded Warrior or Legacy Family Preference, please email or mail supporting documentation with completed application.
- Supporting Documentation for relationship to EOD Sponsor (i.e. tax return, etc.) can be emailed or mailed with application.
- Sponsor Signature Page with applicant and sponsor signatures must be emailed or mailed with your completed application.
- Transcripts – Must be official copies, sent directly from the academic institution.
Before sending ANY documentation, please redact any sensitive information such as social security numbers.
- Applicants must be the child, stepchild, spouse, or grandchild, or other DoD recognized dependent of a graduate of NAVSCOLEOD.
- No applicant will be awarded more than 4 scholarships.
- Children or DOD recognized dependents must be 23 years or younger.
- There is no age limit for spouses.
- NAVSCOLEOD graduates are not eligible for scholarship awards.
- Active Duty service members are not eligible for scholarship awards, regardless of their relationship to NAVSCOLEOD graduates.
- Service Academy Cadets are not eligible to receive EODWF Scholarships as they are considered to be on active duty. Students may apply in case they are not accepted or decide not to attend a Service Academy.
- Scholarships will only be granted for initial 2 year or 4 year regionally accredited degree programs. Graduate and professional degree programs are not eligible.
Scholarship Application Review Process
Each application will be reviewed by the EOD Warrior Foundation Scholarship Committee. The committee members are anonymous. The Executive Director is not a member of the committee and does not participate in the evaluation of the applications.
Each application will be evaluated across several merit categories, with points awarded for each category.
- Grade Point Average
- Volunteerism and Community Involvement
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Paid Employment
- Letters of Recommendation
- Overall Impression
All questions on the application require answers or the requested documentation. If the requested information or documentation is unknown or unavailable, an explanation is required. Any blank or unanswered questions, without the respective explanation will result in the application being classified as incomplete and be disqualified from consideration.
Award Payments and Amounts
The amount and number of awards varies annually due to the number of qualified applicants and the funds available. Legacy and Wounded Warrior families are given priority and the merit award amounts are subject to available funding.
Payments of awards are made directly to the educational institution on behalf of an awardee. Awardees will not be provided with funds directly.
Award payments will be made upon receipt of proof of enrollment by the scholastic institution for the academic award year.
Award recipients must maintain their full-time student status (part-time for spouses) throughout the award year. If the award recipient status changes from full-time to part time, or is dis-enrolled, the remaining funds within the scholarship account will be returned to the EOD Warrior Foundation.