This year the EODWF Scholarship has been moved to an online application process. The application period will be between November 24, 2014 and February 28, 2015. The online application will be available on November 21, 2014.
- Applicants must be the child, stepchild, spouse, or grandchild, or other DoD recognized dependent of a graduate of NAVSCOLEOD.
- No applicant will be awarded more than 4 scholarships.
- Children or DOD recognized dependents must be 23 years or younger.
- There is no age limit for spouses.
- NAVSCOLEOD graduates are not eligible for scholarship awards.
- Active Duty service members are not eligible for scholarship awards, regardless of their relationship to NAVSCOLEOD graduates.
- Service Academy Cadets are not eligible to receive EODWF Scholarships as they are considered to be on active duty. Students may apply in case they are not accepted or decide not to attend a Service Academy.
- Scholarships will only be granted for initial 2 year or 4 year regionally accredited degree programs. Graduate and professional degree programs are not eligible.
Scholarship Application Review Process
Each application will be reviewed by the EOD Warrior Foundation Scholarship Committee. The committee members are anonymous. The Executive Director is not a member of the committee and does not participate in the evaluation of the applications.
Each application will be evaluated across several merit categories, with points awarded for each category.
- Grade Point Average
- Volunteerism and Community Involvement
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Paid Employment
- Letters of Recommendation
- Overall Impression
All questions on the application require answers or the requested documentation. If the requested information or documentation is unknown or unavailable, an explanation is required. Any blank or unanswered questions, without the respective explanation will result in the application being classified as incomplete and be disqualified from consideration.
Award Payments and Amounts
The amount and number of awards varies annually due to the number of qualified applicants and the funds available. Legacy and Wounded Warrior families are given priority and the merit award amounts are subject to available funding.
Payments of awards are made directly to the educational institution on behalf of an awardee. Awardees will not be provided with funds directly.
Award payments will be made upon receipt of proof of enrollment by the scholastic institution for the academic award year.
Award recipients must maintain their full-time student status (part-time for spouses) throughout the award year. If the award recipient status changes from full-time to part time, or is dis-enrolled, the remaining funds within the scholarship account will be returned to the EOD Warrior Foundation.